06-12-2019

Introductions: Name, your street, “What’s your favorite summer food to eat?”

Agenda Items

1. ITLV Asset Map handout and brief update – Lorianne

  • Asset Map shows you existing connections or connections to be made. Particularly helpful as a reference for planning events. Identifies who should be contacted and potential partners.

  • Always growing (please email Lorianne or Matt to add) and request info any time you would like it

  • Add Janine’s church – Praise By Nature Ministries to Asset Map

2. RCPD Neighborhood Watch Meeting Update – Lorianne

  • Encouraged to Attend to learn more about Fireworks Safety and how CRPD and SMF are dealing with fireworks (illegal and legal) in your neighborhood.

  • Opportunity for ITLV member to share what they learn with the greater Neighborhood through social media (Nextdoor, Facebook) and website.

3. ITLV Meet & Greet – Fayzah

  • Meet and Greet is this Sunday in the evening after it cools down (6:45-8 p.m.) at Utica Court

  • With Fayzah’s lead, team has taken care of event needs. Utica Court has welcomed us to location.

  • Special Father’s Day craft

  • ITLV members are passing out flyers to their immediate neighbors and friends. Fayzah canvassing near event location.

4. National Night Out Planning – Lorianne/Group

  • Linae has taken lead (has signed group up Nationally)

  • Looking into moving event from the Park to AM Winn for more central location and visibility

  • Next meeting: determine event needs, assignments and put together a list group coverage/staffing

5. Growing the group (discuss further at next meeting)

  • More emphasis on finding common interests and goals vs. pushing attending meetings

  • Most members describe joining because someone from the group learned their interests and suggested they might be able to take action on those interests by participating in the group.

  • How can we include and better utilize membership that don’t connect through our meetings but would like to participate?

  • How can we spread the leadership roles and workload to avoid burn out?

6. Next six-month overview – Lorianne

  • Adding a Walk due to popularity on July 6th – arrive at 8:30 a.m. and begin walk at 9 a.m. (details to be determined)

  • National Night Out

  • Trunk or Treat (Late October)

  • In need of a champion to run this event (Matt/Lorianne will email the ITLV mail list with leadership request)

  • Consider merging this event with a similar event (Mayhew Church has an Trunk or Treat on Halloween.

7. ITLV Marketing

  • Discussed a mailer (post card, flyer, brochure?) to all of Lincoln Village

  • Group needs to determine costs of design (or who might take on that project) and costs of mailing (mini grant?)

  • Social Media reach (Facebook approximately 300 and Nextdoor approximately 1600)

  • Posting event flyers at businesses (Starbucks, Donut shop, etc.)

8. Little Library has been vandalized. With changes in staffing at CRPD support of this project has changed. (Matt can reach out to new Parks Superintendent to discuss support.)

9. Added Mohamed Umbashi (from Ken Cooley’s office) to mailing list so they can stay better informed of what ITLV is doing and provide better support.


Future Items:

  • Note taking assistance; who would volunteer to take notes

  • ITL temporary event signage

  • ITLV “Neighborhood Vandalism Update with Car Break-n Statistics by RCPD

  • Confirm date and location? June? Carver?

  • Roundtable Items

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Potential Guest Speakers?

Upcoming Events

· June 14 – Movies in the Park (Village Green)

· June 17 – City Council Meeting

· June 18 – Neighborhood Watch Meeting (RCPD Station)

· June 21 – Movies in the Park

· June 28 – Movies in the Park

Future Meeting Dates

· 6-26 Regular meeting (6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza)

· 7-10 Regular meeting (6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza)

Recent Posts

See All

10-09-2019

Meeting summary by Matt Buland. Agenda Items 1. We welcomed/welcomed back Melissa, Jackie and Sarah. Thank you for coming out and participating and we look forward to seeing you at the next few meetin

9-11-2019

Meeting summary by Lorianne Ulm. We had a very productive meeting Wednesday, Sept. 11. Our guest speaker was Junior Lee from our Code Enforcement Division.  Junior shared that Lincoln Village now has

8-7-2019

Meeting summary by Loriann Ulm. Topics discussed: Group would like to identify guest speakers once a month. Coordinate monthly walks; maybe each person from the group sign up for one month. Community

© 2020 ITLV