Introductions: Name, your street, “What’s your favorite summer food to eat?”
1. ITLV Asset Map handout and brief update – Lorianne
Asset Map shows you existing connections or connections to be made. Particularly helpful as a reference for planning events. Identifies who should be contacted and potential partners.
Always growing (please email Lorianne or Matt to add) and request info any time you would like it
Add Janine’s church – Praise By Nature Ministries to Asset Map
2. RCPD Neighborhood Watch Meeting Update – Lorianne
Encouraged to Attend to learn more about Fireworks Safety and how CRPD and SMF are dealing with fireworks (illegal and legal) in your neighborhood.
Opportunity for ITLV member to share what they learn with the greater Neighborhood through social media (Nextdoor, Facebook) and website.
3. ITLV Meet & Greet – Fayzah
Meet and Greet is this Sunday in the evening after it cools down (6:45-8 p.m.) at Utica Court
With Fayzah’s lead, team has taken care of event needs. Utica Court has welcomed us to location.
Special Father’s Day craft
ITLV members are passing out flyers to their immediate neighbors and friends. Fayzah canvassing near event location.
4. National Night Out Planning – Lorianne/Group
Linae has taken lead (has signed group up Nationally)
Looking into moving event from the Park to AM Winn for more central location and visibility
Next meeting: determine event needs, assignments and put together a list group coverage/staffing
5. Growing the group (discuss further at next meeting)
More emphasis on finding common interests and goals vs. pushing attending meetings
Most members describe joining because someone from the group learned their interests and suggested they might be able to take action on those interests by participating in the group.
How can we include and better utilize membership that don’t connect through our meetings but would like to participate?
How can we spread the leadership roles and workload to avoid burn out?
6. Next six-month overview – Lorianne
Adding a Walk due to popularity on July 6th – arrive at 8:30 a.m. and begin walk at 9 a.m. (details to be determined)
National Night Out
Trunk or Treat (Late October)
In need of a champion to run this event (Matt/Lorianne will email the ITLV mail list with leadership request)
Consider merging this event with a similar event (Mayhew Church has an Trunk or Treat on Halloween.
7. ITLV Marketing
Discussed a mailer (post card, flyer, brochure?) to all of Lincoln Village
Group needs to determine costs of design (or who might take on that project) and costs of mailing (mini grant?)
Social Media reach (Facebook approximately 300 and Nextdoor approximately 1600)
Posting event flyers at businesses (Starbucks, Donut shop, etc.)
8. Little Library has been vandalized. With changes in staffing at CRPD support of this project has changed. (Matt can reach out to new Parks Superintendent to discuss support.)
9. Added Mohamed Umbashi (from Ken Cooley’s office) to mailing list so they can stay better informed of what ITLV is doing and provide better support.
Note taking assistance; who would volunteer to take notes
ITL temporary event signage
ITLV “Neighborhood Vandalism Update with Car Break-n Statistics by RCPD
Confirm date and location? June? Carver?
Potential Guest Speakers?
· June 14 – Movies in the Park (Village Green)
· June 17 – City Council Meeting
· June 18 – Neighborhood Watch Meeting (RCPD Station)
· June 21 – Movies in the Park
· June 28 – Movies in the Park
Future Meeting Dates
· 6-26 Regular meeting (6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza)
· 7-10 Regular meeting (6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza)