Meeting summary by Matt Buland.
1. We welcomed/welcomed back Melissa, Jackie and Sarah. Thank you for coming out and participating and we look forward to seeing you at the next few meetings.
2. Guest Speaker, Mayor Robert McGarvey and his wife Terry (The Mayors), were gracious and very generous with their time and spoke till 7pm and stayed all the way to the end of our meeting at 8pm. Special thanks to Sue for inviting the Mayor. If you missed asking a question (sorry I had to cut us off at 7pm) come out the Mayor’s Walk this Saturday at Robert J McGarvey Elementary at 4350 Sophistry Drive at 8:30 am.
3. ITLV Sign Groundbreaking Ceremony – Matt
Celebration on Sunday, October 27th (Desserts catered)
Flyer will be distributed to all homes in L.V. by contractor the week of 10/14-10/18
Next week Fayzah and Michael will be going door to door to chat with those closest and most impacted by the sign. Thank you for that extra touch.
4. Trunk or Treat Update – Matt
Passed out flyers and waivers
Sarah (AM Winn) shared that the Faculty would like to participate in the event and suggested a “Pumpkin walk” on the grass area away from the parking lot.
Group enthusiastically accepted this offer (ideal beginning activity before the trunk or treating begins) and Janine and Sarah will work out a plan for the games and walk to work together.
5. Guest Speaker, Walk, Meet & Greet Sign-up Sheet Review – All
Cancelled October Walk
Added a meeting December 4th (to make up for only one November meeting)
Group suggested that Patrice Clemons speak about CDBG’s at December 4th or 11th meeting
Future Meeting Dates
10-23 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza
11-13 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza
12-4 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza
12-11 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza