Meeting summary by Matt Buland.

Agenda Items

1. We welcomed/welcomed back Melissa, Jackie and Sarah. Thank you for coming out and participating and we look forward to seeing you at the next few meetings.

2. Guest Speaker, Mayor Robert McGarvey and his wife Terry (The Mayors), were gracious and very generous with their time and spoke till 7pm and stayed all the way to the end of our meeting at 8pm. Special thanks to Sue for inviting the Mayor. If you missed asking a question (sorry I had to cut us off at 7pm) come out the Mayor’s Walk this Saturday at Robert J McGarvey Elementary at 4350 Sophistry Drive at 8:30 am.

3. ITLV Sign Groundbreaking Ceremony – Matt

  • Celebration on Sunday, October 27th (Desserts catered)

  • Flyer will be distributed to all homes in L.V. by contractor the week of 10/14-10/18

  • Next week Fayzah and Michael will be going door to door to chat with those closest and most impacted by the sign. Thank you for that extra touch.

4. Trunk or Treat Update – Matt

  • Passed out flyers and waivers

  • Sarah (AM Winn) shared that the Faculty would like to participate in the event and suggested a “Pumpkin walk” on the grass area away from the parking lot.

  • Group enthusiastically accepted this offer (ideal beginning activity before the trunk or treating begins) and Janine and Sarah will work out a plan for the games and walk to work together.

5. Guest Speaker, Walk, Meet & Greet Sign-up Sheet Review – All

  • Cancelled October Walk

  • Added a meeting December 4th (to make up for only one November meeting)

  • Group suggested that Patrice Clemons speak about CDBG’s at December 4th or 11th meeting

Future Meeting Dates

  • 10-23 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza

  • 11-13 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza

  • 12-4 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza

  • 12-11 meeting 6 p.m. at Mountain Mike’s Pizza

Meeting summary by Lorianne Ulm.


We had a very productive meeting Wednesday, Sept. 11. Our guest speaker was Junior Lee from our Code Enforcement Division.  Junior shared that Lincoln Village now has a specific Code Officer assigned to the neighborhood, which is Arthur Klets.  He can be reached at aklets@cityofranchocordova.org or (916)851-8771. Junior also reminded the group to use Fresh Connect to report any issues you see in the neighborhood. For those who need a refresher on how to use Fresh Connect I’ve attached the quick user guide we put together for you.  If you still have any questions please feel free to reach out to me anytime.


A special thank you to Isa for coordinating our Sept. guest speaker!


Welcome & welcome back to Dominick Hall and Brian Barch! I hope to see you again at our next meeting!


Trunk or Treat Update – Kris has an estimated 20 car sign ups but would like to hit 30.  If you would like to sign up to participate and decorate your trunk for the kiddos please contact Kris at kmc95827@comcast.net. If you don’t want to enter or decorate your car there are other ways to volunteer and help out at this event. This is a great way for our older youth to complete any community service requirements they might have. Please contact Kris.


Speaker/Walk Sign up – I attached the signup sheet (through March).  Please review and let Matt or I know if you’d like to sign up for an open spot for either coordinating a guest speaker, walk or meet & greet.


ACTION ITEMS:

The group chose to still have a second meeting in November, but move the date so it’s not the day before Thanksgiving. TENTATIVE DATES – Wednesday, November 20 or Tuesday, November 26????ITLV Christmas Parade – thank you Janine, Linea and Linda for volunteering to help with the parade this year.  RCPD would love to partner again, more info to follow. TENTATIVE DATES – Dec. 17, 18 or 10 – RCPD is choosing the date and will confirm next week

Meeting summary by Loriann Ulm.


Topics discussed:

  • Group would like to identify guest speakers once a month.

  • Coordinate monthly walks; maybe each person from the group sign up for one month.

  • Community mural (Future meetings to discuss location, interest, cost, etc.)

  • Trunk-N-Treat - Kris McCall has offered to champion the even. Looking into interest from the community on Facebook. Seeking volunteers. Discussion of bringing back dinner if a volunteer group would host (Rotary, Boy Scouts, etc.)

We’ll be discussing some of these topics again at our next meeting, Aug. 28 at 6:00 p.m. at Mountain Mikes Pizza. 

© 2020 ITLV